Saturday, December 12, 2015

Jenny Bakes: Welcome!

Welcome to the Jenny Bakes Column!
I love food, and when I first started grad school, I realized how short on time I was.  Instead of working a 9-5 and coming home to cook gourmet meals, my days were packed end to end with school, workshops, networking events and mandatory mixers.  

Everyone has their own way of coping.  Some of my friends turned to boxes of ferrero rocher, some of them turned to the treadmill, many turned to alcohol.  We all have different paths, but I turned to veganism.  For my body type(petite mesomorph), I can gain and lose weight really quickly...meaning that grad school free pizza for a week can mean a 5 or 6 pound difference.  Through experimentation, I found that if I ate vegan, I had more energy, my weight naturally went down, didn't have to count calories, and my skin glowed from all the nutrients and lack of junk.  

I will admit, that since I have sensitive skin, my dermatologist recommended that I add back  eggs into my diet, so although I omit other forms of dairy, like milk, cheese, etc, I *do* eat eggs a few times a week.  

I'm not perfect, but I figure that moving towards veganism is better than giving up and not doing it at all.  

I'm a hclf vegan.   What does that mean?   High carbs,  low fat... Filling your body with love and nutrition!


No comments:

Post a Comment